1. In brief, tell us about your work.
As I am currently in a CRO, my work is to screen new compounds and find their potential to work as a drug through cell-based assays.
2. When did you decide to join the industry?
For some unavoidable reasons, I had to quit my PhD after 2.5 years and join the industry.
3. How to find industrial positions?
You can apply through company websites or LinkedIn networks.
4. What are the minimum requirements/skills required to join an industry?
It depends on the type of work that the organization performs. Basic knowledge of dry and wet lab is required.
5. How likely is getting an industrial position for a Master's or Bachelor's fresher?
For a fresher, it is a little difficult. It is better to gain some experience through internships.
6. How can one grow faster in an industrial setup?
By acquiring knowledge of new techniques and completing a few courses related to market demand.
7. Is an industrial job monotonous?
Not really, there is also a lot to explore in terms of skills and scientific knowledge.
8. On average, what is the starting salary for a master's or bachelor's fresher?
3-3.5 LPA for a fresher
I am Sushrita Roy Muhury, currently working in Syngene International Limited, Biocon Park, Bangalore as a Senior Research Associate. I have more than four years of experience in the field of Molecular Biology.
Sushrita Roy Muhury